Deadline: 9 June 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health, Safety, Social and Environmental Analyst in Kabul, Afghanistan.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Health, Safety, Social and Environmental Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Prepare and/or update health, safety, social and environmental management plans, review them on a regular basis and keep them up to date at all times.
- Advise and instruct project staff, contractors, consultants and other stakeholders on various safety, health, social and environmental related matters related to project implementation.
- Support the RSHQ Project Managers in raising awareness on health and safety issues among project staff, consultants, contractors and other stakeholders and within UNOPS in general, working closely with the AFOC QA/QC Section.
- Conduct risk assessments and enforce preventative measures on HSSE.
- Initiate, organize and conduct HSSE training for UNOPS RSHQ project teams, contractors, consultants and other stakeholders.
- Inspect work sites and the work of personnel on a regular basis to identify issues or non-conformity, and enforce necessary actions where unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy are detected.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health and Safety Management, Environmental Management, infrastructure, Civil Engineering, Natural Sciences or other relevant discipline is required.
- Minimum 2 year’s demonstrable experience in managing health and safety on construction sites is essential.
- Proven track record experience managing health and safety in construction, manufacturing, mining or similar production environments is an asset.
- Experience in health & safety and environment management is an asset.
- Knowledge of UNOPS/UN rules and regulations will be an advantage.
- Fluency (oral and written) in English is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.