Deadline: 6 December 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health, Safety, Social and Environmental Associate – Environmental Management in Harare, Zimbabwe.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Health, Safety, Social and Environmental Associate – Environmental Management will perform the following functions-
- Analytical and Technical support:
- Assist the Lead Engineers in the roll out of the Environmental and Social Management Framework in consultation with the Project Management Unit (PIU).
- Be the focal point for all Health and Safety matters and assist the Lead Engineers in developing the HS plan.
- Help the Lead Engineers coordinate the environmental and social screening processes of site-specific activities conducted by the UNOPS C.I. Chipinge and Chimanimani Office.
- Monitoring and reporting of site-specific ESMPs for activities conducted by the UNOPS field Offices.
- Representation, Operations, Management and Implementation:
- Identify challenges, opportunities, priorities and needs for the implementation of the site specific ESMPs.
- Assist the PM and Lead Engineers in reviewing and assessing products/services provided by consultants and experts counterparts.
- Advice on administrative measures and actions required for ensuring the compliance with requirements set in the site specific ESMPs.
- Capacity Building:
- Provide technical support to the UNOPS C.I. field Offices and field engineers.
- Carry out training and capacity building on Health and Safety matters, environmental and social management tools and plans, for staff, contractors and community Workers.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school certificate is required.
- First University Degree in environmental and social studies or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not required.
- Minimum 6 years experience is defined as experience in Environmental Management Systems (EMS), Health & Safety Management is required.
- Experience in Environmental law is required.
- Experience working with national governments is required.
- Knowledge of Zimbabwe government Environmental assessment process and procedure is essential.
- Experience in infrastructure and interacting with civil society organisations is an asset.
- Computer literacy is an asset.
- Fluency in written and oral English language is required.
- Nationality of Zimbabwe.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.