Deadline: 28 November 2019
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health, Safety, Social & Environmental Senior Analyst in Bangui, Central African Republic.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health, Safety, Social & Environmental Senior Analyst will perform the following functions:
- Support the implementation of a training plan for EOD (Neutralization and Destruction of Explosive Devices) nurses.
- To raise awareness in the areas of occupational hygiene for all staff.
- Ensure daily compliance with hygiene rules in UNMAS offices.
- Organize training sessions within UNMAS.
- Ensure the correct level of UNMAS medical equipment.
- Produce a detailed report of the specific corrective actions to be undertaken by the organizations responsible for operations following an inspection with critical nonconformities as part of the emergency medical support provided in the
- Organizations’ Permanent Operational Procedures (POPs).
- Participate in the development of the National Mine Action Standards and Technical Guidelines (NDTN) on medical support, casualty evacuation, hygiene, safety and environment at the workplace adapted to the Central African context.
- Actively participate in the accreditation process of implementing partners and ensure that emergency medical technicians (EMTs) are at the required level in accordance with the NDTNs and POPs.
- Assist the Operations Officer during his activities including briefings / presentations, monitoring of Quality Assurance activities, site visits, accident / incident investigations, accreditation / validation of evaluations, etc.
- Participate in the review of corrective measures and the validation of the emergency response plans of implementing partners for program activities as well as the internal program plan with MINUSCA and UNDSS.
- Support the annual training plan for UNMAS staff and deliver first aid courses, use of the individual emergency kit and the traumatic emergency bag (ETB) to the designated staff and integrate the training and trainee registry certified within the program database.
- Carry out information actions on hygiene, safety and the environment and raise staff awareness of epidemic, infectious and other diseases.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s or Master’s degree in the field of medicine or public health combined with 2 years of relevant experience.
- License in the field of medicine or public health combined 4 years of relevant experience.
- Combined State Nursing Diploma of 8 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience is defined as that in the medical field or a similar field.
- Mastery of basic computer tools is required.
- French is read, written and spoken fluently.
- Written and spoken English is desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNOPS.