Deadline: 14 July 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health Specialist – Environmental Health in New York, United States.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Health Specialist – Environmental Health will perform the following functions:
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building:
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships with global partners/UN agencies/foundations/donors/ research organizations through active networking, advocacy and effective communication to develop capacities, exchange knowledge/expertise and/or promote cooperation and alliances to achieve health program goals in the areas of environmental health, harmonized with the overall advocacy on climate change and environment.
- Prepare communication, information materials, reports and funding proposals to highlight program goals, achievements and/or needs to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and support resource mobilization for health programs.
- Represent UNICEF and participate in relevant partnership coordination forums by maintaining the highest level of contacts and collaboration with partners working in the area of environmental health.
- Technical guidance, quality assurance and advice
- Provide technical guidance, quality assurance and advice to UNICEF country offices implementing programmes to address the health impact of lead exposure in children and other environmental pollutants.
- Participate in strategic discussions/planning and provide technical advice/contribute policy discussions and agenda setting to promote healthy environment interventions in UNICEF’s Health programmes.
- Support countries in situation analysis, identify programme opportunities and provide technical assistance to improve programming and delivery of healthy environment interventions in Health programmes.
- Provide technical guidance for monitoring and evaluation in coordination with internal and external partners.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s or higher) in environmental health, environmental engineering, toxicology, public health or related field is required.
- Minimum 8 year’s of relevant progressive professional work experience at the national and international levels in environmental health and child health is required.
- Prior experience in providing technical guidance on public health policy and programme response to environmental pollution and climate change is required.
- Prior experience in advocacy, policy, strategy development and programme design, monitoring and evaluation is desirable.
- Prior experience in partnership building across donors, foundations, multi-laterals, academia and governments at international and national level is an asset.
- Prior experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.