Deadline: 7 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Specialist in Ethiopia.
The Health Specialist will be responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Child/Neonatal Health component in the Health sector.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Design, prepares, and supports implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Child /Neonatal Health project activities. Analyze and evaluates data to ensure achievement of objectives and/or takes corrective action when necessary to meet project objectives.
- Contribute to the development and/or introduction of new approaches, methods and practices in project management and evaluation.
- Prepare all components Child /Neonatal Health related documents for the Annual Plans of Action and other programme documents, as required.
- Participate in inter-sectoral collaboration with other programme colleagues. Assist in development of appropriate communication and information strategy to support and/or advocate programme development.
- Undertake field visits to monitor programmes, as well as conducts periodic programme reviews with government counterparts and other partners. Propose and/or undertakes action on operational procedures affecting project management and implementation.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to government officials and other partners in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Pediatric AIDS /Care for children born to HIV+ mothers supported activities.
- Meet with national and international agencies covering the management of Child /Neonatal Health Participates in meetings with ministries responsible for Child Survival review, and follows up on implementation of recommendations and agreements
- Assist government authorities in planning and organizing training programmes. Identify training needs and objectives for the purpose of capacity building, programme sustainability, as well as promotion and advocacy.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Health, Public Health with extensive working experience in Child and Neonatal Health and extensive knowledge of High Impact Child and Neonatal Health interventions.
- Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in programme management, monitoring and evaluation, in a related field.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.