Deadline: 15 March 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Specialist in Papua New Guinea.
The Health Specialist will perform a variety of specialized tasks in support of the preparation, monitoring, and control of the budget, involving several different sources of funds of several components of all programmes.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health Specialist will perform the following functions-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation, of high impact maternal and child health programme, including decentralized planning, implementation and monitoring of interventions and gender disaggregation.
- Draft sound maternal and child health programme budgets related to maternal, neonatal and new born health, immunization programme, integrated management of child illnesses (clinical and community-based scheme) and health emergency preparedness and responses, for review by the supervisor.
- Provide technical support to provinces and districts in planning, implementing, supervising and monitoring of relevant high impact maternal and child health services.
- Analyse collected data and information and prepare progress reports including monitoring and reporting indicators by gender.
- Ensure the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation; ensure that maternal and child health programme expenditures are within allotments and that data is consistent with the programme information and database.
- Ensure effective communication and networking through partnership and collaboration with all stakeholders.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Advanced university degree in one or more of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Medicine, Public Health, Social sciences relevant to international development assistance.
- MD, Bachelor’s degree in Public Health may exceptionally be considered provided there are additional 3 years of progressive experience in the relevant field.
- At least 5 years of professional work experience and field experience relevant to Maternal and Child Health program.
- Experience of working in the UN or other international development organization is an asset.
- Experience in implementing high impact maternal and child survival interventions or related program and background or familiarity with emergencies will be an asset.
- Computer skills in various office applications including internet navigation.
- Commitment to continuous learning for professional development.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relations both within and outside the organization.
- Fluency in English and Tok Pisin with proven strong written and oral communication skills.
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.