Deadline: 2 March 2021
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Systems Officer in Khartoum, Sudan. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Health Systems Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure that WHO global and regional policies and guidelines on health system strengthening are translated into implementation of national policies and programmes.
- Provide technical support to the Ministry of Health in implementing its National Health Strategy in areas pertaining to health system strengthening, particularly on quality improvement and patient safety.
- Conduct situation analysis, desk review of health trends; undertake gap analysis in relevant health system areas, to guide the development relevant technical reports and policy documents as required.
- Support the Ministry of Health efforts to ensure information sharing among health stakeholders through supporting the functions of task forces and/or thematic groups.
- Develop and maintain a database for WHO on core health indicators to be used in regular reporting for WHO various reports.
- Support the National Hospitals Network functions by ensuring regular collaboration with the Network to identify priority areas, building on previous initiatives, and proactively support in resource mobilization efforts to fund a second phase of the previous EJHN project through proposal writing and engagement with donors.
- Monitor project implementation on strengthening health systems towards universal health coverage and CAT 4 (Health Systems) and prepare progress reports and new project proposals as appropriate.
- Represent WHO in meetings and relevant missions as appropriate.
Applicant must have:
- University degree in health services administration, public health management or public health.
- At least 2 years’ experience in areas of health system strengthening, health management or public health.
- Excellent communication and drafting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively.
- Understand challenging and multidisciplinary settings.
- Good knowledge of international quality standards.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.