Deadline: 1 December 2019
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Health Technical Advisor in Bamako, Mali. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The Health Technical Advisor will ensure that all Health interventions are of a high technical quality, that monitoring processes are in place, that high quality timely reporting occurs, and that the programme quality and relevance is continually assessed and solutions quickly put in place for a change of context.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health Technical Advisor will perform the following functions:
- Strategy and Programme Quality:
- Lead on the preparation of funding proposals and help to identify high value and high potential fundraising opportunities in collaboration with field teams and programmes staff, ensuring that funding proposals are in accordance with country and global strategies and policies.
- Coordinate and enhance quality of primary health care programmes and successfully raise funds to ensure programme continuation and expand coverage, ensuring high quality programming that is in compliance with national guidelines.
- Ensure integration and coordination among the various Save the Children projects contributing to the overall goal of the organisation.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning:
- Ensure health projects and programs consistently use Quality Benchmarks.
- Ensure that beneficiary accountability is taken in consideration throughout programme implementation.
- Lead in planning of assessments and surveys and ensure best practice through the implementation and dissemination of findings and results.
- Representation and coordination:
- Promote the sharing of best practice and learning in relation to programming, advocacy and campaign activities amongst field sites in the country and with SCI and other partners in the region.
- Advocate for reforms that will promote the effective implementation of Save the Children’s health strategy.
- Apply knowledge and advanced expertise in health policy and programmes to design and develop activities that promote health policy implementation and development.
- Capacity building, team work and staff supervision:
- Ensure that all staff understand and are able to perform their role in a humanitarian response and development context.
- Ensure the recruitment, training and promotion of staff as appropriate.
- Work with field teams to ensure adequate capacity building and technical support to the field.
Applicant must have:
- Post graduate, Master’s or equivalent field experience in health, nutrition or related field.
- 5 Years experience at international level in technical support and/or programme management.
- Direct experience of planning, implementing and measuring the impact of health, hunger reduction or other related programmes.
- Successful track record of developing large-scale proposals (1M USD and above) and securing funding from donors.
- Clear commitment to, and experience of, developing and coaching staff, combined with the ability to give direct actionable feedback.
- Successfully working with minimal administrative support.
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Commitment to the values and mission of Save the Children.
- Ability to speak and write clear English and French (French being the working language in Mali).
- Ability to travel to the field, which is expected to be 50% of the work.
How to Apply
Applicants must a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document in english through online process.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.