Deadline: 14 April 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of HIV/AIDS Officer in Papua New Guinea.
The HIV/AIDS Officer will provide professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for the HIV programmes/projects within the Country Programme from development planning to delivery of results, preparing, executing, managing and implementing a variety of technical and administrative program tasks to facilitate programme development, implementation, programme progress monitoring, evaluating and reporting of results.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The HIV/AIDS Officer will perform the following functions-
- Conduct/update situation analysis for the programme sector/s for development, design and management of HIV related programmes/projects.
- Research and report on development trends (e.g. political social, economic, HIV/AIDS) for higher management use to enhance programme development planning, management, efficacy and delivery of results.
- Contribute to the development/establishment of sectoral programme goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning through analysis of HIV needs and areas for intervention and submission of recommendations for priority and goal setting.
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical programme transactions, preparing materials/documentations and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support programme planning, results based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluating results.
- Prepare required documentations/materials to facilitate the programme review and approval process.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess programmes/projects and to report on required action/interventions at the higher level of programme management.
- Prepare regular/mandated sectoral programme/project reports for management, donors and partners to keep them informed of programme progress.
- Draft communication and information materials for CO programme advocacy to promote awareness, establish partnership/alliances and enhance resource mobilization for UNICEF HIV programmes/projects.
- Research information on potential donors and prepare resource mobilization materials and briefs for fund raising and partnership development purposes.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree in public health, paediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology or other health related sciences is required.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in HIV/AIDS planning and management and/or in relevant areas of health care (maternal and new-born health), health/emergency preparedness at the international level and/or in a developing country is required.
- Experience in HIV/AIDS programme/project development in UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Oral and written proficiency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.