Deadline: 27 November 2018
World Health Organisation (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of HSS Specialist in Sokoto, Nigeria. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The HSS Specialist will perform following functions-
- Coordinate project activities and facilitate opportunities for timely results attainment.
- Liaise with the health sector leadership and appropriate stakeholders to resolve implementation bottlenecks.
- Coordinate state Partners to facilitate synergy and maximize resources use for HSS initiatives.
- Support the documentation and sharing of lessons learned from the implementation of project’s initiatives at various platforms at state levels.
- Participate in key federal level HSS planning and monitoring activities to ensure incorporation of Health information and health financing.
- Effective and timely delivery of WHO Country Office Key Performance Indictors (KPIs) including ePMDS, travel request, travel claims, activity reports, HSS Project Multiyear Plan implementation monthly report (with special focus on federal and state-level health workforce information system).
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- First University degree in medicine, public health, social science or economics.
- Advanced university diploma or degree in health systems management, public health or other related area is an added advantage.
- 2 years of experience in policy, planning, managing or developing health systems including M&E, health financing and HRH.
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian health system including health information system management and health financing.
- Previous experience in WHO, UN or other international organizations.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Nigeria.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.