Deadline: 27 July 2018
World Vision International (WVI) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Hygiene and Health Assistant in Zahle, Lebanon.
The purpose of the position is to assist in the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of the WASH interventions within World Vision’s Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) program in the Bekaa, to improve the hygiene aspects of the target population.
WVI’s mission is to promote human transformation, seek justice and bear witness to the good news of the Kingdom of God.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Hygiene and Health Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Conduct hygiene sessions needed in the informal settlements based on the results of the applicable assessment healthy camp tools in the field.
- Deliver WASH promotion sessions to raise WASH standards and practices among targeted communities.
- Assist in the planning and conduct activities and events to promote WASH awareness among target communities.
- Develop the necessary materials needed for a campaign/activity.
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a WASH related field (Preferred: Public Health, Nursing, Teaching etc.) or a Bachelor’s degree in another field with 1-year complimentary WASH experience.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills (English & Arabic).
- Proven ability to build capacity of partners/ stakeholders through formal trainings and informal job shadowing and mentoring.
- Ability to monitor work of project-hired contractors.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis situation, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WVI.