Deadline: 19 December 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Immunization Specialist in New Delhi, India.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Immunization Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Timely sectoral analysis (immunization), input, support and coordination contribute to the Situation Analysis with consistent integration of sex disaggregated data and its periodic update for effective project planning, development and management.
- Quality contributions are made to the development and implementation of the Immunization strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Work plan and objectives are strategically established, technical support is effectively provided, and planned results are timely delivered through exercise of strong technical leadership.
- Project implementation progress is monitored and evaluated for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of program delivery and sustainability.
- Gender/sex disaggregated data and inputs relevant to the Immunization Programme provided.
- Technical support is provided to government and NGOs at all stages of the programme cooperation, including capacity building of government personnel and beneficiaries.
- Technical support in strengthening of cold chain and vaccine management system under immunization program.
- UNICEF and Government accountability is ensured for supply and non-supply assistance and disbursement of programme funds for the sector.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Public Health, Paediatric Health, Child Development, Child Health, Nutrition, Epidemiology, Public Administration, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines.
- 5 year’s professional work experience at the national and international levels in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of Immunization programme including supply chain / Health programme is required.
- Professional work experience in a technical expert position related to child survival & health care is desirable.
- Field work experience is desirable.
- Background/familiarity with International organizations, knowledge of latest theories, principles, methods and technology in Routine Immunization, Cold Chain and Logistics is desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of local working language of the duty station is an asset.
- Nationality of India.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.