Deadline: 13 August 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Immunization Specialist, (Polio transition) in Mogadishu, Somalia.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Immunization Specialist, (Polio transition) will perform the following functions:
- Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and coordination contribute to the Situation Analysis with consistent integration of sex disaggregated data and its periodic update for effective programme planning, development and management.
- Quality contributions are made to the development and implementation of the Polio transition and other immunisation strategies and approaches through participation and collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Work plan and objectives are strategically established, technical support is effectively provided, and planned results are timely delivered through exercise of strong technical leadership.
- Polio transition programme implementation progress is monitored and evaluated for adjustment, acceleration and improvement of program delivery and sustainability.
- Technical support is provided to government and NGOs and private providers at all stages of the programme cooperation, including capacity building of government personnel and beneficiaries.
- Capacities of Zone Office staff are strengthened through effective capacity building programme in the development, implementation and management of the Polio transition.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced (Master’s) University Degree in Medicine, Public Health, Epidemiology or other relevant disciplines.
- 5 year’s of professional work experience at the national and international levels in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of health/Immunization programmes.
- Professional work experience in a technical expert position related to child health and immunisation is an asset.
- 2 year’s of field work experience in a developing country context is required.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency/Fragile Country settings is required.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty station (Somali).
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
- Nationality of Somalia.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.