Deadline: 2 January 2018
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Immunization Specialist in Papua New Guinea.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Immunization Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Collaborate with other UNICEF sectors, particularly Health, Nutrition, HIV and programme communication to ensure integration of the Immunization Programme with other interventions (e.g, malaria).
- Participate with UNICEF, Government, non-government organizations (NGOs) and other partners in the development of the immunization strategies and approaches.
- Ensure achievement of strategic results in line with agreed Annual and Country Programme objectives and adopts corrective action to meet programme/project objectives.
- Contribute to the identification, development and dissemination of new strategies, methodologies, approaches and tools for improving programme delivery with emphasis on project management, evaluation, sustainability of intervention and community participation based on Human Rights framework and cross sector approach, in collaboration with other partners (e.g., WHO).
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Advanced degree in 1 of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Medicine, Public Health, Pediatric Health, Global/International Health, Health Policy and Management, Family Health, Socio-medical Sciences, Health Education, Epidemiology, or other fields relevant to immunization.
- 8 years of professional work experience at the national and international levels in development, planning, programming, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and managing of health/Immunization programmes.
- Professional work experience in a managerial position, or a technical expert position in child survival & health care.
- Experience of leading and managing both routine and supplementary immunization programmes (polio eradication, maternal & neonatal tetanus elimination and measles control) with specific drives on accelerating immunization coverage with equity in a complex, decentralized and socially and geographically diverse and difficult settings would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.