Deadline: 30 July 2020
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of International Programme Coordinator in Islamabad, Pakistan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The International Programme Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Project Management and Coordination
- Oversee preparation of project implementation frameworks and workplans by government institutions, Aga Khan Foundation, civil society and UN agencies. Introduce into the workplan formulation process the results of annual reviews and mid-term evaluation, best practices, as well as innovative strategies and approaches.
- Lead the identification process of programme partners, including the assessments of their capacities and design of a capacity development plan.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an integrated strategy for delivery of technical assistance.
- Coordinate project implementation, guiding and orienting implementing agencies and project personnel and introducing effective modalities and practices of implementation.
- Ensure compliance of project implementation with UNFPA technical and programme policies and guidelines.
- Results-Based Management and Knowledge Management
- Analyze progress, technical and other substantive reports from implementing partners and stakeholders and recommend required follow-up actions. Prepare donor reports and concept notes.
- Provide strategic guidance and technical support to programme monitoring and evaluation studies, and other relevant research undertakings.
- Develop substantive tools and guidance for monitoring and substantive evaluations in close coordination and cooperation with the CO Monitoring and Evaluation team.
- Promote a learning environment and systematic information sharing within the project team.
- Ensure that state-of-the-art thinking and research is integrated within the project implementation frameworks. Identify sources of technical knowledge both in country and outside.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s) in public health, medicine, sociology, health systems/economics, or other field directly related to the substantive area identified in this job description.
- 7 year’s of professional experience, preferably in programme/project management in the public or private sector.
- Demonstrated ability to refine programme design to ensure alignment of programme objectives to national priorities and capacities.
- Strong track record of programme leadership, and proven ability to manage complex programmes/projects and produce demonstrable results, with shared visions and goals.
- Understanding of human rights and gender equality dimensions of reproductive health is desirable.
- Strong negotiation, liaison, analytical and communication skills, including ability to produce high quality practical advisory reports and knowledge products.
- Demonstrated expertise in advocacy and policy dialogue is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to network within the development community.
- Field experience is strongly desirable.
- Knowledge of the UN system would be an advantage.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required and working knowledge of other UN Languages is desirable.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.