Deadline: 10 October 2019
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Knowledge Management Officer in Makassar, Indonesia. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Knowledge Management Officer will provide technical and operational support for developing a systematic, planned and evidence-based strategy and process for communication as an integral part of programme development, planning and implementation.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Knowledge Management Officer will perform the following functions:
- Knowledge management strategy
- Ensure that the Makassar Field Office has a clear knowledge management strategy and associated work plan, including a communication for development (C4D) element where relevant.
- The aim of the strategy is to support the country programme objectives and get children’s issues into the public domain, strengthen political will in support of UNICEF’s mission and objectives, promote knowledge sharing and enhance the organization’s credibility and brand.
- Monitoring and evaluation
- He/She will compile and analyze programme reports to develop knowledge products presenting information on the progress and key results/best practices of UNICEF programmes that will be used for monitoring, evaluation and reporting purposes. He/She will support the monitoring and evaluation events taking place at the field office and in this context will work closely with the PME Unit at in Jakarta. This process will include field visits for data collection and fact checking.
- Knowledge production
- The post will lead the production of up-to-date, high-quality UNICEF knowledge content for public use.
- The knowledge products will be presented in various platforms, including on the UNICEF website and relevant social media platforms and human-interest stories for key project areas.
- Media and external relation
- The post will be responsible for preparing effective feedback mechanisms with partners, especially the government and CSO implementing partners, and providing effective assistance with the interpretation and effective utilization of data to improve service delivery and to promote knowledge sharing to inspire programme scale-up and replication.
- Networking and partnership
- Ensure that the CSD cluster has a well maintained and continually developed contact list of individuals, groups, organizations and fora (including Government, UN, NGOs, CSOs, bilateral counterparts, private sector), whose support is essential to and can assist in achieving the advocacy and communication objectives of the knowledge management strategy.
- Global priorities and campaign
- In addition to local/national campaigns, ensure that the Makassar Field Office has an effective process in place for integrating and taking action on UNICEF’s global communications priorities and campaigns, both disseminating these elements in a locally-appropriate way, as well as providing/enabling coverage of the work in the country for global use.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in Public Health, Development Studies, Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
- At least 3 years progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in development programmes, specifically in the fields of knowledge management, monitoring and evaluation, communication, and media.
- Relevant field work experience in Indonesia.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization an asset.
- Background/familiarity with emergency and gender mainstreaming an asset.
- Familiarity with government planning, budgeting and administrative regulations would be an asset.
- Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English, both written and verbal is required.
- Nationality of Indonesia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.