Deadline: 5 March 2020
Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Lead Global Health Specialist in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
IsDB’s mission is to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving health, promoting education, improving governance and prospering the people.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Lead Global Health Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Strategic & Operational Planning
- Lead annual work program and budget preparation activities of the unit.
- Lead the preparation of key strategy papers, new programs and knowledge product development to ensure the unit is contributing to the overall goal of the bank.
- Lead the analytical / economic and sector work (ESW) as well as sector dialogue during Member Country Partnership Strategy (MCPS) and programming missions.
- Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Lead the design, review and implementation of the IsDB’s policies, procedures and guidelines relating to the sector interventions to ensure alignment with local and industry standards.
- Ensure compliance with IsDB’s policies and guidelines to ensure quality in the operational work of Health sector as well as maintaining good working relationships with various clients.
- Sector Portfolio Management
- Ensure quality throughout project lifecycle of IsDB financed projects to ensure all projects abide by the high-quality standards demanded by the Bank.
- Lead and provide necessary technical guidance for project implementation and oversee preparation of Project Completion Report (PCR).
- Monitor project implementation in order to ensure of its successful implementation or take corrective measures if necessary.
- Knowledge Sharing & Innovation
- Provide technical guidance and insights to team members to ensure all team members are able to deliver efficiently.
- Contribute to IDB knowledge repository by documenting best practices and lessons learned.
- Share knowledge as subject matter expert related to sector issues to enhance a knowledge sharing culture across the Bank that would allow it to create more value.
- Reporting & Communication
- Oversee the preparation of progress reports on all project cycle related activities in compliance with the Bank rules and procedures.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Health Systems, Public Health, Social development studies or related field.
- 10+ year’s experience in development sector, 3 of which in international financial institutions.
- Experience in Health or related fields.
- Knowledge of Health trends in MCs and NMCs.
- Knowledge in conceptualizing and managing Health Sector Projects / programs, Project management.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IsDB.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.