Deadline: 17 April 2023
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Medical Officer in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Medical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Introduce, promote and improve coverage of Hepatitis B birth dose and primary series and guide Member states in implementation.
- Partner with the national authorities to develop initiatives in the areas of universal infant immunization.
- Monitor the progress of Member States towards achieving the control goal the 1% control goal of hepatitis B through universal infant immunization as a first step towards the 2030 0.1% elimination goal in compliance with the WHO’s GPW13 overall strategy, and guidelines.
- Provide expertise to Member States in documenting the evidence for verification of the 1% control goal as regional and global guidance.
- Review country dossiers for the verification of the 1% hepatitis B control goal submitted to the Regional Verification Commission and provide feedback Provide technical expertise and secretarial support to the Regional Verification Commission for hepatitis B control.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in the field of health sciences or public health or related field
- University degree in medicine, pharmacy, or veterinary sciences
- At least 7 years of experience in public health, public health surveillance or Expanded programme on Immunization (EPI) with international exposure.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles, practices, methodology and techniques of immunization programme
- Excellent knowledge in data analysis
- Synthesizing information and presenting clear and concise conclusions and decision making
- Good understanding of epidemiology of vaccine preventable communicable diseases
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of Arabic.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.