Deadline: 12 June 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer in Antananarivo, Madagascar. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Director, Health Systems Development will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical support for the planning and implementation of the appropriate EPI promotion activities, in particular those for routine immunization.
- Support the technical capacity building of EPI actors in the country.
- Assist the country in the implementation and extension of the ‘reach each district’ (ACD) approach and ‘reach every child’ ACE and improve the quality of data.
- Monitor the management of vaccines and inputs for EPI activities.
- Support countries in promoting injection safety and waste management.
- Participate in the supervision, monitoring and evaluation of routine immunization activities and follow-up of the RSS2 / GAVI plan.
Applicants must have:
- Holds a Master’s degree in Public Health.
- Experience of at least 5 years in a public health position including EPI.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in multidisciplinary and multinational teams.
- Knowledge of the EPI strategy in the African region.
- Good knowledge of surveillance of EPI target diseases.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.