Deadline: 18 January 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer in Beirut, Lebanon. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The National Professional Officer will perform the following functions:
- Ensure timely and proper implementation of WHO activities in the area of Country Health Emergency Preparedness & IHR in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and other sectors.
- Provide technical insight to the MOH in developing/updating national plan of action for health security.
- Provide technical insight to the MoH in developing/updating country profile for potential hazards and national public health plan for emergency preparedness and response to all hazards and hazard specific contingency plans.
- Contribute effectively to the risk assessments and evaluation of all-hazard health emergencies in line with the IHR (2005).
- Provide technical advice at country level on priority issues such as: emergency preparedness, surveillance and response; strengthening health systems, operational readiness and essential public health functions.
- Act as focal point for emergency preparedness and response and collaborate actively with, the Incident Management team in the country and in the Regional Office in case of a graded emergency.
- Collect and analyze data and information required for any WHE-related documents to be presented to WHO Governing bodies, for the work and deliberation of an IHR Emergency Committee or an IHR Review Committee or a technical consultation, when convened.
- Create channels of communication with relevant stakeholders to ensure the successful implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacities in line with IHR (2005) requirements, as well as the identification of financing for WHE country plans.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in medicine or public health.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in implementation of emergency preparedness programmes/projects.
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of IHR (2005) and the epidemiology of infectious diseases.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate with partners.
- Demonstrated capacity to write technical documents in a clear and concise manner.
- Familiarity with other global health security threats in the region, as well as issues and practices for disease prevention and control.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and produce results under pressure.
- Knowledge of the UN and humanitarian systems for emergency response and preparedness.
- Good presentation and writing skills
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of French. Expert knowledge of Arabic.
- Nationality of Lebanon.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.