Deadline: 30 June 2018
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Professional Officer will perform the following functions-
- Manage and coordinate the implementation of WHO JTH components of Tajikistan current and further biennial collaborative agreements (BCAs) in close cooperation with national governmental counterparts and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinate and contribute to the overall efforts of WHO/EURO, especially country specific work on strengthening health systems in Tajikistan.
- Ensure the proper incorporation of health systems functions in programme delivery; advocate and promote WHO policies and strategies on HIV/AIDS, TB and Hepatitis.
- Assist the government of Tajikistan in developing and implementing national TB, HIV and Hepatitis related programmes and provide technical inputs into ongoing GFATM funded projects in the country
Applicants must have-
- University degree in medicine and post-graduate specialization in infectious diseases or specialized training in public health, epidemiology or health policy.
- Advanced or specialized training in international health, sexually transmitted and communicable diseases, epidemiology or health policy.
- At least 2 years of experience in working with national health authorities as well as with national and international organizations, and civil society groups in the field of TB, HIV or viral Hepatitis.
- Expert knowledge of English and Tajik.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.