Deadline: 29 November 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer in Kiev, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 12 months.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The National Professional Officer will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical support to the Ministry of Health (MoH) in developing its systems to prevent and control influenza, whether seasonal, zoonotic or pandemic, and other high threat pathogens through:
- Provide technical advice on improving the quality of systems for the surveillance of influenza and other high threat pathogens (epidemiological and laboratory surveillance).
- Support activities related to strengthening seasonal influenza vaccination programmes.
- Support the continued implementation of guidelines and training programs for outbreak investigation and response and the clinical management of severe respiratory infections.
- Support revision and testing of the national pandemic influenza preparedness plan and associated guidelines.
- Support implementation of the national laboratory policy, strategy and action plans developed under the “Better Labs for Better Health” initiative:
- Support the coordination of activities by the national Coordination Council on Laboratory including facilitation of working group sessions, meetings and trainings.
- Support the national programme for laboratory quality mentors.
- Provide input to further developments of the laboratory system as the system evolves.
- Provide input to advocacy products related to the described duties.
- Perform other duties as required.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in medicine, biological sciences or related area.
- Academic specialisation in communicable diseases, epidemiology, biological sciences or equivalent professional qualification.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in communicable diseases surveillance and/or laboratory programmes/projects.
- Knowledge of epidemiology.
- Knowledge of surveillance systems.
- Knowledge of laboratory quality.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of Russian.
- Expert knowledge of Ukraine.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.