Deadline: 12 September 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer (Health Emergencies) in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Professional Officer (Health Emergencies) will perform the following functions:
- Manage technical projects aimed at strengthening the level of preparation of the project. country.
- Do so, it will need to map the organizational needs of the preparation, available tools, equipment and activities in collaboration with the relevant WHO / HQ departments, the regional office and the country office as part of the program. WHE.
- Prioritize activities, develop a work plan and a funding plan to reach milestones of preparation: contact various partners to see if they can fill gaps in national-level preparedness.
- Support country vulnerability assessments, develop / adapt guidelines and preparation tools as needed, including the country office business continuity plan, in collaboration with WHE program units.
- Advice on the consolidation of country needs in a single national plan and estimate the budget.
- Facilitate coordination with technical teams and funding partners for the implementation of preparedness activities.
- Provide guidance and technical support to the Ministry of Health for the development of operational readiness strategies and activities in the context of acute and prolonged humanitarian emergencies.
- Facilitate simulation exercises to test the emergency response framework.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in medicine, in a field related to health or in a discipline related to public health.
- Master’s degree or post-graduate training in public health or other relevant fields.
- Specialized training in emergency preparedness and response.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience at the national level in the planning, development and implementation of programs / projects in the area of health security, including emergency preparedness.
- Knowledge of the International Health Regulations (2005), the epidemiology of infectious diseases and other threats to global health security, as well as issues and practices related to the prevention and control of diseases.
- Meaning of the organization, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and produce results under pressure.
- Knowledge of the United Nations system and the humanitarian system for emergency response and preparedness.
- Expert knowledge of French.
- Nationality of Senegal.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.