Deadline: 28 July 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer (Health Information System) in Jakarta, Indonesia. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The National Professional Officer (Health Information System) will perform the following functions:
- Assist with the WHO efforts in strengthening MOH’s role in the national and sub-national HIS strengthening, with a particular emphasis on various data sources, data quality, integration, information sharing, interoperability and use of health information for policy and planning.
- Support the facilitation of timely, routine and quality monitoring and reporting of data, including the measurements of progress towards achieving the national health targets, Regional flagships, SDGs and Universal Health Coverage.
- Contribute to the development, strengthening and application of tools, approaches and resources for national HIS strengthening.
- Assist with the compilation and coordination of programme specific data and reporting across the units of the WHO Indonesia Office and the use in internal strategic decision-making.
- Support the assessments of the national / sub-national HIS and related activities to identify strengths and challenges to inform the development of HIS strategies
- Work closely with the team members working on health research as well as other technical units to support and facilitate the use of the best available evidence for policy-making.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in public health or other health related sciences with a particular focus on epidemiology, biostatistics or health information.
- Master’s Degree in public health or other health related sciences with a particular focus on epidemiology, biostatistics and health information.
- At least 1 year of professional work experience in health information system strengthening, monitoring and evaluation, health research and evidence-informed health policy.
- Sound understanding of principles of public health, health information, health policy and knowledge translation.
- Knowledge of the functioning of ministries and related departments.
- Demonstrated ability to work in harmony with national/international staff.
- Excellent writing skills including ability to present technical information.
- Intermediate knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.