Deadline: 16 July 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer (Mental Health) in Kiev, Ukraine. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The National Professional Officer (Mental Health) will perform the following functions:
- Undertake mental health system strengthening activities in the country in support of national mental health policies and priorities, including mental health policy development, workforce development and service development, using available WHO tools and guidance (e.g. mhGAP, QualityRights).
- Liaise with and coordinate actions between relevant stakeholders including national partners, UN agencies, NGOs, CBOs, and target beneficiaries on mental health activities and initiatives.
- Provide coordination and technical inputs into the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Sub-Cluster (Health Cluster) and the MoH Mental Health and Psychosocial Working Group (WG/MHPSS) activities (at national and sub-national level), in collaboration with the respective co-chairs.
- Provide regular technical support on MHPSS through effective activities and initiatives (e.g. developing tools and guidelines, planning and organizing technical missions, capacity building seminars, workshops and trainings).
- Initiate activities to sustain or improve mental health care for vulnerable populations, including those internally displaced, people living in institutions, as well as persons residing in or returning from conflict-affected areas; 6. Represent WHO at various coordination platforms and events, and promote WHO mental health programme activities;Communication & Reporting.
- Report regularly to the WR, the Emergency Coordinator and the Programme Manager, Mental Health, on progress, opportunities and challenges.
- Develop information materials and advocacy strategies on the mental health programme activities and achievements.
- Provide input for newsletters, press releases, situation reports and inter-agency reports/
- Assist in drafting documents and reports on the mental health programme as requested by the WR.
- Assist in executing other tasks as requested by the WR and the PM, Mental Health.
Applicants must have:
- University degree (Bachelor’s level) in psychiatry, psychology or relevant mental health discipline.
- Master’s degree or advanced training in any of the above mentioned areas of study.
- At least 2 years clinical experience in the public mental health or psychosocial field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of key WHO policies, documents and guidance materials on mental health.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of national policies and plans on mental health and key mental health national stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Russian.
- Nationality of Ukraine.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.