Deadline: 20 June 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of National Professional Officer (Nutrition) in Islamabad, Pakistan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The National Professional Officer (Nutrition) will perform the following functions:
- Provide technical guidance to the nutrition department in the MOH to adapt policies, strategies, guidelines and formulate operational plans for sustainable of nutrition activities and interventions.
- Coordinate and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to follow up on the implementation plan of National and Provincial Nutrition Strategies and guiding documents.
- Ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of project management, delivery and accomplishment of project goals and objectives.
- Strengthen capacity of national staff and organize training of trainers workshops on nutrition case management and nutrition surveillance system to achieve the strategic goals and objectives of the nutrition programme.
- Analyze the technical aspects of on-going nutrition programmes including the identification of successes and constraints and approaches that have positive impacts.
- Develop resource mobilization proposals to be presented to potential donors to scale up nutrition interventions in Pakistan.
- Create synergies between stakeholders and development partners to ensure harmonization of implementation of nutrition specific and nutrition sensitive interventions.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Medicine or Public Health or Social Science.
- Master’s Level Degree in public health, public health nutrition or nutrition sciences with technical trainings in nutrition specific and sensitive areas.
- At least 5 year’s of experience of the development and implementation of health programs at the national level, with focus on the management of nutrition programmes.
- Knowledge of WHO mandate and goals or experience in UN Organizations, NGOs is considered an asset.
- Project management / Results-based Management (RBM) is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of the processes and approaches concerning nutrition issues.
- Knowledge of the operations of the national governments in the area of nutrition and health.
- Excellent Knowledge of nutrition activities particularly in management of acute malnutrition, growth monitoring and nutrition surveillance system.
- Experience/training in organizing and executing nutrition programmes.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Local language.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.