Deadline: 8 December 2016
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Officer in Dili, East Timor.
The Nutrition Officer will provide professional technical, operational and administrative assistance throughout the programming process for the nutrition programs/projects within the context of multi-sectoral nutrition programming.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition Officer will perform the following functions-
- Research and analyze regional/national political, nutritional, and social and economic development trends.
- Collect, analyze, verify and synthesize information to facilitate program development, design and preparation.
- Prepare technical reports and inputs for program preparation and documentation ensuring accuracy, timeliness and relevancy of information.
- Facilitate the development/establishment of sectoral program goals, objectives and strategies and results-based planning through analysis of nutrition needs and areas for intervention and submission of assessments for priority and goal setting.
- Provide technical and administrative support throughout all stages of programming processes by executing/administering a variety of technical program transactions, preparing materials/documentations and complying with organizational processes and management systems, to support program planning, results based planning (RBM) and monitoring and evaluating results.
- Prepare required documentations/materials to facilitate the program review and approval process
- Identify, capture, synthesize and share lessons learned for knowledge development and to build the capacity of stakeholders.
- Apply innovative approaches and promote good practice to support the implementation and delivery of concrete and sustainable program results.
- Research, benchmark and report on best and cutting edge practices for development planning of knowledge products and systems.
- Participate as resource person in capacity building initiatives to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree or higher in nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, health sciences, nutritional epidemiology or other health related science field is required.
- A year of professional experience in nutrition, public health, nutrition planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal, infant and child health/nutrition care at the international level and/or in a developing country is required.
- Experience in health/nutrition program/project development in UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Tetum is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.