Deadline: 4 May 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Nutrition Specialist in Kupang, Indonesia.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutrition Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide technical direction for the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of acute nutrition programme, particularly CMAM, to ensure achievement of objectives, introducing where necessary new approaches, methods and practices to ensure community participation and ownership of the nutrition problems and solutions.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises, program reviews and annual reviews with government and other counterparts to assess progress and to determine required action/interventions to achieve results.
- Prepare/assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths/weaknesses in CMAM program and management, identify lessons learned and use knowledge gained for development planning and timely intervention to achieve goals.
- Actively monitor program/project through field visits, surveys and/or exchange of information with partners/stakeholders to assess progress, identify bottlenecks and potential problems and take timely decisions to resolve issues and/or refer to relevant officials for timely resolution.
- Prepare regular/mandated program/project reports for management, donors and partners to keep them informed of program progress.
- Identify training needs of health and nutrition staff in terms of acute malnutrition. Support the development of relevant training modules and follow-up tools. Develop plans for capacity reinforcement, facilitate and coordinate the implementation of these plans.
- Identify supply needs for the UNICEF response and ensure timely supply release. Coordinate with operations staff for the provision of supply and non-supply assistance to partners, ensuring proper and timely accountability in accordance with UNICEF policies and procedures.
- Certify disbursements of funds, monitor utilization and preparation of financial status reports.
Applicants must have-
- University Degree or higher in nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, or other health related science field is required.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in nutrition, public health, related research or planning and management in relevant areas of maternal, infant and child nutrition, at the international level some of which preferably in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in health/nutrition program/project development and management in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.