Deadline: 6 April 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Nutritionist in Juba, South Sudan.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Nutritionist will perform the following functions-
- Work with staff in procurement, logistics, finance, CBT, school feeding and other programme units and other divisions to ensure effective design and delivery of WFP nutrition programming.
- Ensure nutrition requirements are integrated in all assessments and analysis, monitoring and evaluation, in close collaboration with VAM and M&E teams.
- Provide support for operational partnerships, including inter-agency collaboration, to ensure a strong multi-sectorial response to nutrition in both emergency and non-emergency settings.
- Prepare accurate and timely reporting and learning, contributing to a knowledge base that informs decision making of WFP and other stakeholders.
- Design, conduct and communicate the nutrition situation clearly and effectively to nutrition stakeholders.
- Represent WFP at national, regional and international meetings to contribute in technical discussions, exchange experiences, advocate for nutrition interventions and identify areas of potential collaboration.
- Build capacity of WFP staff, partners and national governments to prepare for and respond to nutrition problems.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of WFP activities, provide technical analysis, and interpretation.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them on more complex analysis and queries.
- Contribute to emergency preparedness actions, providing technical recommendations on contingency planning, risk analysis and early warning related to nutrition risks.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree in Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition, Food Technology, Medicine or other related/relevant field.
- Experience conducting nutritional assessments, analysing data, and drafting recommendations for program implementation.
- Experience with coordinating donor and inter-agency collaboration.
- Experience developing and implementing nutritional policies , strategies, protocolsand guidelines, including in for nutrition-specific and sensitive interventions in emergency, recovery and development contexts.
- Excellent professional communication skills, verbal and written; with experience in writing proposals and preparing high level reports.
- Experience with designing and implementing nutrition specific and nutrition sensitive sensitive programs and activities.
- Experience with providing technical support assistance and capacity building, to Government counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Experience working with governments on developing nutrition policies, strategies and/or implementing nutrition programs (within food security or health).
- Experience in working in diverse operational contexts, nationally and internationally, with specific experience in development and humanitarian contexts.
- Knowledge in food fortification.
- Experience in coordinating ZHC, SUN, REACH or similar coordination mechanisms such as the cluster system at country or global level, across multi-stakeholders.
- Fluency in oral and written English and French.
- Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.