Deadline: 15 December 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Occupational Health and Safety Analyst in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post 2 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Occupational Health and Safety Analyst will perform the following functions:
- The incumbent is part of the HSD Regional Hub with a direct technical reporting line to the OHS Senior Specialist and administratively to the Regional Hub Task Team Leader (TTL) for delivery of occupational and environmental health and safety services within the agreed work program for the regional hub and HQ:
- Coordinate OH&S support to staff.Undertake OH&S environmental evaluations including workplace assessments on hazard identification and risk prevention mitigation measures in accordance with H&S hierarchy of control.
- Assist in the design and implementation of OH&S training platforms and programs including stratification of training to staff, managers and OH&S focal points in the processes of OH&S risk assessment and management processes.
- Assist in the design to establish behavior-based safety systems for risk and injury reduction.
- Document and Data Management
- Assist in the design and contribute to an overarching OH&S data management system inclusive of incident accident reporting, incident accident investigation and actions and workflow processes for notification and tracking.
- Operational Control
- Work to benchmarked standards on OH&S risks in compliance with Local and Regional National / International Guidelines and recognized authorities or standards (ACGIH, OSHA, ASHRAE, EU-OSHA, CDC, HSE).
- Implement OH&S strategies for risk and health hazards, inclusive of workplace and environmental hazard.
- Coordinate onsite health and safety evaluations within WBG including occupational and industrial hygiene strategy and assessments in consultation with Seniors Specialists and supervisors.
- Facilitate the operationalization of Health and Safety instruments across WBG locations.
- Record and record management
- Assist in the design of a system to function as a repository for accident, incident, investigations, assessment reports corrective and preventative actions including as required noncompliance actions and follow-up where applicable.
- Audit and continuous improvement
- Assist in the design and establishment of behavior-based safety systems to enhance audit and continuous improvement for risk and injury reduction.
- Monitor and evaluate the OH&S program by data analysis and identification of actionable items.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University level degree or equivalent in the disciplines of occupational / environmental / Health and safety.
- Familiarity and training in industrial hygiene and workplace experience with monitoring and detection programs and equipment from an accredited school, university, institute or college.
- In the absence of the above, equivalent professional credentials combined with relevant education and experience can be taken into consideration.
- 5 or more years relevant work experience including global OH&S implementation experience.
- Valid professional health and safety affiliation, membership or registration and or a license to practice.
- Analytical understanding of OH&S management and track record of proactive involvement to promote safety and health in a global environment.
- Knowledge of data analysis, biostatistics and epidemiology would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and ability to counsel staff on OH&S issues in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Thorough knowledge and use of computer office technology such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other major OHS/EHS Software management systems.
- Proven skills in organizing, prioritizing, scheduling, planning and coordinating work.
- Demonstrated oral, written communication skills.
- Fluency/proficiency in a second language French (oral and written) would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with team members and partners in global locations and leveraging support of Country Management Teams to support health goals of field-based staff.
- Ability to undertake mission related international travel.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.