Deadline : 4 March 2020
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in Lusaka, Zambia.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will perform the following functions:
- In close collaboration with NFNC planning unit and the Provincial and District Nutrition Coordinator and the Districts Nutrition Coordination Committee, support the harmonization of a multisectoral planning tool to ensure evidence-based quality planning.
- Support the DNCC and Ward level planning process through provision of robust mapping of priority interventions to be supported under SUN II in a multisectoral manner necessary to achieve programmatic goals.
- Act as the focal point for compiling the annual district plans by extracting planned interventions to be supported by SUN II funding within the district DNCC plans.
- Responsible for continuously updating the establishment of a database for monitoring and for action for all SUN II indicators as per the M&E Framework, including, process, output and outcome indicators in the 17 districts.
- Responsible for analyzing data extracted from districts databases and other sources and analysis as per the SUN II/MCDP II M&E Framework.
- Provide guidance to District Nutrition Coordinators who are also M&E focal points on programme data analysis, reporting and organizing district data review meetings.
- Provide inputs to monthly, quarterly and annual programme updates as well as progress reports based on inputs from the UN agencies and UNICEF programme sections contributing to the SUN II programme, including monthly reports, SUN II newsletters, quarterly reports, as well as annual report.
- Prepare indicator performance status table of each output indicators in the M&E framework to be included in the quarterly and annual reports for submission and presentation at cooperating partners meetings and other relevant meetings.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Demography, Public Health, Social Sciences, Development Studies and other relevant field.
- At least 2 year’s of professional experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation including proven knowledge in:
- Logical framework approach and other strategic planning and monitoring approaches.
- M&E methods and approaches (including quantitative, qualitative and participatory).
- Establishment and implementation of M&E systems.
- Information analysis and report writing.
- Experience in planning and M&E for Multiple section including WASH, Agriculture and fisheries, Health and nutrition programs.
- Experience in developing and / or using performance management tools including score card methodology.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis methodologies (both qualitative and quantitative).
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in multiple sectors management information system including HIMS and DHIS2.
- Experience in working in any of the 17 SUN II districts and government counterparts.
- Experience in conducting program reviews and field support / supervision.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and Power point.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.