Deadline: 12 December 2016
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Program Management and Partnerships Specialist in Asuncion, Paraguay. The duration of this post is 2 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations’ system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Program Management and Partnerships Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support the development, monitoring and reporting on the Country Cooperation Strategy (CCS) and Biennial Work Plan (BWP) consistent with the Organization’s policies and guidelines through a consultative and participatory approach with national counterparts and staff of the Representation and Headquarters.
- Provide technical support and guidance in the development, management, monitoring and reporting on project proposals for funding the approved BWP, applying best practices and lessons learned.
- Participate in the United Nations Country Team (UNCT) managerial groups, particularly regarding the elaboration, implementation and monitoring of the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF).
- Maintain direct communication with national and international counterparts, facilitating the strategic mapping of the sector, alignment and harmonization through collaboration among organizations and relevant stakeholders.
- Participate actively in the Program Management and Partnership Specialist Network (PMPN) led by PBU and in the Resources Mobilization Network (RMN) led by ERP.
- Review and analyze progress on technical matters, including inter-programmatic and inter-sectorial activities in the context of the PMPN and the RMN.
- Provide support to Risk Management Focal Point and Technical Advisors in completion of risk management analysis of BWP Programs and implementation of approved mitigation response plans.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the health or social sciences from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree in public health, policy and planning, project management, health administration, public administration, management or related field would be an asset.
- 3 years of national progressively responsible experience in the areas of policy and health planning, project management, monitoring and evaluation, including experience in strategy formulation and strategic resource allocation.
- Experience in technical project management in the social fields, preferably health project management requiring coordination among different institutions, national and international, including government authorities would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of Spanish with a working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.