Deadline: 26 April 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Senior Officer – Public Health in Yangon, Myanmar.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Senior Officer – Public Health will perform the following functions:
- Assist in the design, implementation and coordination of HIV prevention, control and treatment project.
- Assist the Public Health Officer (PHO) in tasks related to the day-to-day management of the HIV grant and in communication with Sub-recipients (SRs).
- In collaboration with the PHO, provide guidance in the review of HIV work plans and reports submitted by SRs and other implementing partners, ensuring that these are technically sound and in line with the policies and strategies of the National Programme and funding agency, and ensuring gender mainstreaming as appropriate.
- In coordination with the relevant PR units, assist SRs in implementing the HIV grant and facilitate the development of SR capacities as required.
- Assist the PHO by providing essential inputs in the drafting of donor reports, cash forecasts, re-planning and reinvestment exercises related to the HIV grant.
Applicants must have:
- Medical Degree or Master’s Degree in public health, epidemiology, health economics, health management, health social science, social science or other related discipline is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in one of the above fields combined with additional 2 year’s of relevant experience to the above responsibilities may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s Degree.
- Minimum 2 year’s professional experience in public health preferably related to the prevention, treatment, care and support of HIV.
- Professional project, Programme, grant or financial management experience is desirable.
- Professional experience working with government departments, local government, NGOs, INGOs, development partners and/or donors would be an asset.
- Willingness and ability to undertake field visits under difficult or challenging conditions is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages is required.
- Experience in the usage of G Suite is desirable.
- Sound knowledge of UNOPS and the Global Fund rules and regulations is considered an asset.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Myanmar is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.