Deadline: 2 June 2020
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions-
- Review and analyse the country’s specific development plans and priorities, socioeconomic data, reports and other relevant information.
- Work in close collaboration with project partners to design and revise project annual work plans, considering different approaches and alternative methods, management, problem identification and resolution,especially for the parts of the Project supporting the institutional and capacity development of constituents, government agencies, line ministries, and social partners.
- Review, verify and analyse work plans, progress and final reports and other data for clarity, consistency and completeness and monitor the progress of Project activities.
- Provide inputs to the mid-term and final evaluation.
- In consultation with Technical Officer, follow-up with colleague and specialists in the ILO Liaison Office, ILO Regional Office and Decent Work Team in Bangkok, and ILO HQ, as well as with implementing agencies, government offices, constituents and other organizations to expedite implementation and meet targets.
- Assist in the programming and control of resources of the project, prepare budget estimates and expenditure forecasts by analysing and monitoring situation of resources and making recommendations for remedial action.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- First Level University Fegree in public health, economics, public policies, development studies or a relevant field.
- Advanced Degree on studies on occupational health and safety or public health would be a strong advantage.
- At least 1 year of professional experience at the national level in the area of project management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven experience in working effectively with government bodies in charge of policy making and with development partners is required.
- Good knowledge of relevant professional experience at the national level preferably in the area of public health, work experience with Myanmar Government, social partners, civil society and other stakeholders will be advantage as well as.
- Knowledge of the policy making process.
- Excellent command of English and Myanmar.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.