Deadline: 15 May 2023
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions:
- Provide leadership, technical expertise, and/or technical oversight to support the MOPH in strengthening its capacities in the areas of the General Program of Work (GPW) pillars on UHC and certain aspects of healthier populations, including Digital Health and e-health, Health Information Systems and Enhancing Thailand’s Leadership in Global Health.
- Directly support the Head of the office in facilitating Thailand’s work within and beyond its borders, including horizontal collaboration with other member states, facilitating incoming fellowships to Thailand, maximizing opportunities for WHO collaborating centers of excellence.
- Maintaining liaison and coordination with national authorities, academic institutions, UN agencies, Civil Society Organizations, and other partners, as relevant to the scope of work on UHC, Healthier populations and relevant CCS areas.
- Coordinate the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the CCS.
- Coordinate with the UN Country Team to support the development, monitoring and evaluation of the UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework for Thailand and other relevant areas
- Oversee and monitor technical implementation against agreed-upon targets, goals and resolutions including those set through WHO governing bodies.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced university degree (Masters level or above) in Public Health or related field.
- Qualification in Digital Health, e-health, and/or in Health Information Systems.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in international public health, including considerable experience obtained in an international context.
- Experience working with national governments on policy/strategy development, and health systems strengthening (UHC/PHC) and research.
- Experience in providing technical collaboration and working with various agencies and actors in capacity building, developing and promoting collaborative partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience supervising technical staff.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Beginner’s knowledge of Thai.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.