Deadline: 29 July 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Operations Officer (Research & Innovation) in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Operations Officer (Research & Innovation) will perform the following functions:
- Assist in scanning the new evidence and guidance that become available in different priority technical areas and in development and maintaining the knowledge translation portal.
- Assist in regular maintenance of the website of Research and Innovation page Assist in different capacity building training programs organized either for internal WHO staff or for Member States in research and evidence appraisal and synthesis.
- Ensure timely designation/ re-designation of WHO Collaborating Centers by regular follow up with WHO CCs and related technical department to ensure continuity of work and status of designation as WHO CC Coordinate with HQ, WHO CC and the relevant technical focal points to determine for each cycle of the designation of a WHOCC and facilitate the defining of the details of the work of the WHO CC for WHO during the period of designation and once designated to follow up on the implementation and reporting as needed.
- Timely follow ups on the implementation of related governing bodies resolutions and decisions, liaise with relevant departments/units and prepare periodic progress reports on implementation.
- Contribute in the harmonization of work with other departments, HQ national authorities, other UN agencies, various donors, private sector and civil societies.
- Act as a focal point for follow up on recommendations of internal/ external audit teams where relevant to the work of Research and Innovation Unit and WHO CCs. Preform any other duties as assigned within field of competence.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in health, medicine or social sciences.
- Master’s degree in public health and public health management or social sciences and other related field.
- Any additional certificate, diploma or other trainings in research management, research ethics, institutional management, public health data management, evaluation and monitoring.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in program management and coordination, program monitoring and evaluation, in managing or doing research, and related areas.
- Experience in WHO, other UN agencies or in a large multinational or international organization.
- Having some experience in scientific writing and publishing, which reflects on knowledge of research process will be an asset.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Hindi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.