Deadline: 15 December 2018
World Health Organisation (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Project Officer will perform following functions-
- Plan, implement and monitor administrative operations of the team in the areas of personnel, finance and budget, records and archives, procurement, and IT; – Prepare work plans for various elements/components of projects assigned under the guidance of the Coordinator and team and contribute to the organization of visibility actions.
- Follow-up on project implementation, drawing the attention of the supervisor or other members of the core team to problems, inconsistencies and delays for corrective actions, if necessary.
- -Coordinate the information dissemination strategies for the team and with other partners, including updates to health financing web pages, meetings, and teleconferences.
- Prepare all obligating documents, entering relevant information available, ensuring the availability of funds and preparing payment requests upon verification of deliverables.
- Maintain a strong communication link with all relevant partners.
- Monitor budget implementation, evaluate technical progress against objectives and timelines, and ensure timely reporting in WHO’s internal systems as well as to funders in a timely and accurate manner.
Applicants must have-
- First level university degree in public policy, management, public health, or related field.
- Master’s degree in public policy, management, public health, or related field.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience ideally in WHO or other UN agencies in planning, grant management, HR, budget, finance, or related field, including sound understanding of donors requirements on grants and project management.
- Experience in coordinating administrative issues at team, unit-and departmental level.
- Relevant work experience within WHO or other UN agencies.
- Experience in Oracle-based or other ERP systems.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.