Deadline: 12 July 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Public Health Officer in Dushanbe, Tajikistan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Public Health Officer will perform the following functions:
- Support the implementation of WHO activities with a special focus on using the Health 2020 framework and approaches.
- This includes providing support to the Ministry of Health and other sectors in activities which include developing, implementing and evaluating national policies and strategies that help to improve health system performance, inter-sectorial action for health and wellbeing with the involvement of stakeholders and actors at national, sub-national and sub-regional level.
- Provide technical assistance at country level on priority issues such as: strengthening Health Systems, public health functions, emergency preparedness, surveillance and response; implementation of strategies and interventions to address the health burden of communicable, the environment and non-communicable diseases across the life-course.
- Provide support in the application of tools and guidelines for the improvement of health information and collation of information, data analysis, and preparation of regular and timely briefings, reports, or situation analysis. Support for the implementation of the activities of the Evidence-informed Policy Network (EVIPNet) at the national level.
- Assist the Head of WHO Country Office in all managerial, administrative and liaison activities with the Regional Office and support the effective implementation of all WHO activities in the country as elaborated in the BCA, CCS or other WHO action plans.
- Assist and contribute to promoting partnerships in the country with relevant health stakeholders, and contribute to certifying the correct high technical quality, policy relevant and timely implementation of all tasks and activities carried out under the donor financed initiatives or in agreed partnerships at country level.
- Link with institutions, associations and non-governmental agencies and scientific bodies, for exchange of information, coordination of activities and implementation of sector wide approaches.
- Assist in preparations of missions to the country and support consultants in country or on missions to neighbouring Member States.
Applicants must have:
- University degree (Bachelor’s level) in medicine, public health, social and political sciences or economics.
- Master’s degree or relevant postgraduate training in one of the above areas.
- Project management certification.
Minimum 2 years of national professional experience in project management in the fields of public health, health systems and/or international development.
- Analytical skills and demonstrated knowledge on how to perform health systems’ analysis.
- Proficiency in standard computer applications e.g. electronic communication, database searches and management, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and planning software.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Expert knowledge of Local Language .
- Intermediate knowledge of Russian.
- Nationality of Tajikistan.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.