Deadline: 17 July 2020
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Sanitation Support Officers in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Sanitation Support Officers will perform the following functions:
- Set clear targets against timelines for achieving Sanitation and Hygiene results in the Counties of focus for while ensuring quality, clear documentation of evidence of work done is achieved and verifiable.
- Develop methodology, work plans, targets, indicators and time frame at County level.
- Organise inception meeting with IPs and County MoH on modalities of implementing CLTS approach and integrating it with COVID-19 IPC messaging.
- Provide technical support to County MoH/IPs for all trainings in CLTS approaches (e.g. training in CLTS facilitation, training in CLTS MIS and training in ODF verification and certification of communities) and modifications of the approach integrated with COVID-19 IPC measures.
- Monitor and follow up implementation of CLTS interventions.
- Support development of ODF Roadmaps at county level.
- Ensure the CLTS Real Time monitoring Platform is up to date.
- Review and input implementation plan and budget submitted by County MoH/IPs to be in line with Sanitation for UHC.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation exercises to select sub counties and ensure these attain ODF status.
- Documentation of human-interest stories and good practices in Rural Sanitation and Hygiene.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) preferably in one of the following fields is required: environmental health sciences, public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related studies, combined with an additional 2 year’s experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Minimum 2 year’s of relevant experience in the sanitation sub-sector in Kenya is required.
- Sound understanding of sanitation issues, policies and stakeholders in Kenya is an asset.
- At least 2 year’s experience of good knowledge of the WASH sector and of the political governance structure in Kenya is required.
- Implementation experience in community-based approaches and strong understanding of the CLTS approach is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and training for CLTS is an asset.
- Experience working with/in UNICEF, the UN or other international development organizations is an asset.
- Demonstrated technical report writing skills is an asset.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills, especially in facilitating key informant interviews, and workshops with various groups of stakeholders is an asset.
- Experience dealing with sensitive cultural and political issues.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.