Deadline: 28 July 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Adviser (Science Research & Innovation) in New Delhi, India. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Adviser (Science Research & Innovation) will perform the following functions:
- As the pre-eminent technical adviser to the Regional Director, the incumbent provides the highest level of technical advice on matters of public health importance to shape policies and strategies relevant and appropriate to both regional as well as country levels.
- Represent, when required, the Region at regional and global fora where discussions on matters of importance on diseases of public health take place and to provide technical/scientific inputs of the highest calibre to enable WHO to develop evidence-based policies and public health strategies.
- Lead and advise the coordination and monitoring of implementation of AMR policies in the Region.
- Advise, facilitate the coordinating and monitoring of collaborative programmes in public health matters of global threats in Member States, taking into account the WHO mandate as the global lead organization in matters of public health issues, including AMR.
- To promote research, and to facilitate and coordinate research activities in the Region, and
- To coordinate and oversee publication and documentation as well as effective knowledge management in the Regional Office, and beyond.
- Perform any other duties as deemed necessary.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in medicine with post graduate degree in public health related disciplines.
- At least 15 year’s of experience at progressively responsible levels in planning and management of public health programmes, including considerable experience at senior levels obtained in an international context.
- Experience in managing/leading research organizations or entities, and/or work experience in antimicrobial research.
- Work experience in a multicultural environment or an UN/multilateral organization will be an advantage.
- Expert knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of other languages in the SEAR countries will be an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.