Deadline: 12 June 2019
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Health Specialist / Economist in Bujumbura, Burundi. The duration of this post 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Health Specialist / Economist will perform the following functions-
- Provide implementation support, as needed, to the Bank’s HNP portfolio in Burundi, which includes:
- (a) Health system Support Project.
- (b) East Africa Public Health Laboratory Networking Project
- (c) Maternal Child Nutrition Enhancement Project.
- (d) Great Lakes Emergency Sexual and Gender Based Violence & Women’s Health Project as well as the future Investing in Early Years and Fertility Project.
- Contribute to the technical discussions and monitoring of the Bank portfolio on a day-to-day basis, in close collaboration with the relevant government agencies and development partners.
- Assist the team in policy dialogue, communications and interactions with government counterparts, country stakeholders as well as development partners.
- Contribute to sector-specific inputs for various operational products/outputs (e.g. sector/country briefings, background reports, portfolio performance reviews, etc.).
- Review and contribute to sector-specific policy and other documents;
- Participate in missions of the health team.
- Respond to ad hoc information requests from internal and external parties.
Applicants must have-
- Graduate degrees (Master’s degree required, PhD or equivalent would be an asset) in public health, epidemiology, health economics, health financing, business administration or professional degree (medicine, nursing).
- Candidates without a core qualification in at least one of these domains need not apply.
- Candidates with combined degrees will have an added advantage.
- Minimum 8 years as senior analyst, senior specialist or senior program management positions in one or more of the following areas: health systems, public health program management, service delivery, monitoring and evaluation, operations research in health, results-based financing.
- Experience in two or more of these areas is advantageous.
- Prior experience in an international development institution (public, NGO or private) is preferred.
- Ability to function effectively in multi-disciplinary teams within a matrix environment is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- Fluency in French and in English (excellent oral and written communication skills) is essential, with ability to prepare documents on complex subjects, speak and write persuasively, and present ideas clearly and concisely.
- Nationality of Burundi.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.