Deadline: 2 May 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior HIV/AIDS Specialist in New York, United States.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior HIV/AIDS Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Manage a coordinate and technically competent and evidence-informed response to integrated HIV prevention and treatment programming across the PD Sections and other Divisions in support adolescent All In!, Fast Track and 3 Frees targets.
- Manage the development and implementation and monitoring of the adolescent elements of the workplan.
- Team Leader, reports periodically on the implementation of the annual workplan to Adolescent Development and Participation (ADAP), C4D, Health, Gender and the HIV/AIDS Sections in the Programme Division.
- Liaise with other technical sections and Divisions to strengthen policy and technical guidance which promotes an integrated adolescent development approach to addressing adolescent’s risk and vulnerabilities to HIV infection.
- Represent UNICEF HQ on interagency fora and working groups which deal with technical issues related to adolescents HIV to ensure effective exchanges of information, experiences and to support harmonization of prevention, treatment and care strategies, coordination, collaboration and accelerated interagency/partners programme delivery.
- Leverage the work of key partners including Global Fund, PEPFAR, UNAIDS, UNFPA, UNESCO, UNODC, WHO, bilaterals, foundations, private sector, faith based organisations and civil society and others for a more coordinated integrated and accelerated joint and expanded integrated responses by regional and Country offices to HIV programming with and for adolescents and young people.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced degree in social science, public Health, epidemiology and medicine or related technical field.
- 10 years progressively responsible professional work experience at the Experience: national and international levels in programme planning and management in a related field, with emphasis on strategic planning, programme development and partnerships in work on HIV and young people.
- Knowledge of international HIV prevention organizations and partners.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal) is required.
- Knowledge of an additional UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.