Deadline: 9 June 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Partnership Specialist in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 3 years.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Partnership Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Oversee the development and effective implementation of the overall external relations strategy for the GFF, including related to the overall positioning, partnerships, communications, advocacy, stakeholder engagement and resource mobilization.
- Provide strategic advice and support to the GFF Director and GFF Practice Manager and lead on the effective positioning of the GFF in the global health and development landscape, resource mobilization, external partnerships and stakeholder engagement, advocacy, communications and reputational risk.
- Lead development and effective implementation of the overall external relations work program and team work programs including partnerships, communications, governance, advocacy and resource mobilization.
- In a co-supervisory role with the GFF Practice Manager, lead and support team members in the development and implementation of individual work programs, and mentor staff and provide support for career development.
- Build, nurture and maintain close and trusted relationships with key GFF partners, including in civil society, the World Bank, GAVi, Global Fund, United Nations, current and future donors to the GFF trust fund and private sector organizations.
- Represent the GFF through public speaking, writing and participation in external events, meetings, conferences, boards and other strategic convenings.
- Facilitate public and private engagements with stakeholders.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree (International Relations/Public Affairs, Political Science/Public Policy, Communications, Public Health or other related field) plus a minimum of 15 year’s of relevant work experience.
- Proven successes and experience in independently leading and managing external relations and communications teams, preferably in global health or development governance bodies with complex partnerships settings.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with high-level leadership in governance context, and stakeholder relationships with donors, multilateral and bilateral donors and agencies, as well as civil society and private sector representatives and constituency engagement required.
- Experience leading teams and supporting staff for maximum performance and career development.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in writing and orally in a professional and timely manner with senior-level internal and external partners, based on understanding their interests and needs.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, including in delivering impactful high-level events in different country contexts.
- Excellent English language skills and proficiency to write and edit complex products for purposeful structure, clarity of ideas, and logical, persuasive presentation.
- French language proficiency preferred.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WBG.