Deadline: 29 March 2018
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Programme Associate in Lima, Peru.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Associate will perform the following functions-
- Provide specialized technical assistance in nutrition and food security to WFP’s main counterparts (MINSA, MIDIS, MINEDU, among others), in accordance with the work plan of the Nutrition Unit and the priorities established with the sectors.
- Support the planning, implementation and monitoring processes of the strategies and activities established in the Country Program and the operational plans of the Nutrition Unit.
- Perform advocacy and advocacy with public, private, academia and civil society counterparts, in accordance with the priorities established in the strategic objective of Nutrition and Food Security.
- Support advocacy and technical assistance to update the legislation and regulations related to nutrition and food safety, especially the one related to the Healthy Food Law and the Food Safety Law, among others.
- Support the coordination and technical assistance of capacity building processes established with national and regional counterparts on nutrition and food security, in accordance with the Country Program strategy.
Applicants must have-
- Desirable Health Professional, preferably in Human Nutrition.
- Desirable with postgraduate studies in public health, public nutrition, management of programs and projects, public management or related.
- High Intermediate English (spoken and written).
- Experience of at least 3 years in the design and implementationof nutrition or food security programs or projects .
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.