Deadline: 15 November 2018
World Health Organisation (WHO) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Specialist, Data Products and Analytics in Washington, D.C., United States. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Specialist, Data Products and Analytics will perform following functions-
- Collaborate and provide technical support for data management, data products and analytics and conduct statistical analyses of epidemiological data gathered from public health emergencies.
- Develop and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and strategic policies for event reporting and information sharing.
- Provide technical guidance on data management, GIS and other visualization tools, analytical methods and data sharing across all levels of the Organization.
- Promote the implementation of new approaches and innovative methods to communicate technical information to international public health professionals, with emphasis on building partnerships networks.
- Develop state-of-the-art processes for information sharing.
- Conduct emergency epidemiological missions as required.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in a health or social science from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree in epidemiology, public health, or related discipline would be an asset.
- 7 years of combined national and international experience in epidemiology, surveillance and control of acute public health events.
- Experience in epidemiology, surveillance and control of acute public health events in countries with limited resources.
- Actively engages in conversation with the key players in a multicultural environment both within and outside the organization.
- Very good knowledge of English or Spanish with a working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.