Deadline: 12 May 2022
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of SRH Specialist, Project Manager in Baghdad, Iraq. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
Key Job Responsibilities
The SRH Specialist, Project Manager will perform the following functions-
- Programme Management
- Strengthening and reinforcing UNFPA’s leadership role in Sexual and Reproductive Health through provision of high quality technical assistance for government and other national counterparts in the country.
- Overseeing the Sexual Reproductive Health and Family Planning project including RH Commodity security and demand creation, in collaboration with Government counterparts, NGOs and other partners and in line with Government priorities and according to UNFPA programme policies and procedures.
- Scaling up family planning services, with a focus on regions where the contraceptive prevalence rate is low.
- Providing technical support to MOH to implement the the family planning action plan.
- Policy and Advocacy
- Advocating for family planning integration within primary health care and increased national budget allocation for family planning.
- Conducting behaviour change campaigns on family planning.
- Raising awareness and support education on sexual and reproductive health and family planning services and rights.
- Engaging with educational institutions to integrate sexual and reproductive health modules in their curricula.
- Working with the media to raise public awareness about the sexual and reproductive health and family planning services and rights.
- Engaging health workers and community-based organizations to increase demand for family planning.
- Resource Mobilization
- Participating in resource mobilization efforts of the Country Office by ensuring preparation of relevant documentation, i.e. concept notes, project proposals , project summaries, conference papers, speeches, donor profiles, and participating in related donor meetings and public information events.
- Participating in inter-agency thematic group meetings to ensure UNFPA is well positioned , building on UNFPA comparative advantages and UNFPA programmatic objectives in the country.
- Knowledge Management
- Ensuring the creation and documentation of knowledge about current and emerging Reproductive Health issues, by the programme team through the analysis of programme, projects, strategies, approaches and ongoing experience for lessons learned, best practices, and uses this knowledge for information sharing and planning future strategies.
- Supporting capacity development for service providers on rights-based family planning.
Applicants must have:
- Master degree in Public health, Medicine or other related social science field.
- 5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the field of Reproductive Health.
- Experience in programme/ project management including experience in large multi-sector projects, designing and appraising proposals and actively liaising with relevant and potential project partners.
- Knowledge of international Reproductive Health issues with specific attention to gender-aware and gender-sensitive and human rights approaches.
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Proven experience in coordinating/managing a multi-disciplinary team of staff, experts and consultants.
- Experience in drafting and implementing legislation.
- Field experience is an asset.
- Prior experience in the UN system is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Fluency in English; knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNFPA.