Deadline: 12 December 2019
Save the Children is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader – Health & Nutrition in Khartoum, Sudan. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The Team Leader – Health & Nutrition will responsible to oversee all on going as well as future health and Nutrition programmes, and also provide hands on support to the Area managers as well as thematic programme managers.
Save the Children’s mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Team Leader – Health & Nutrition will perform the following functions:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Quality Program Implementation (Quality Control)
- Responsible for implementation of health and nutrition programme Awards in accordance with Save the Children strategies and policies for quality programming as well in line with the respective donor requirements.
- Ensure that Area and Field office teams receive appropriate and timely support from technical advisers and programme quality teams for program design and strategy, M&E, advocacy and planning.
- Contribute to strategy and proposal development within the area under the overall leadership of the Programme Development and Quality team.
- Programme Operations Support
- Oversee the respective Awards and support implementation teams in ensuring robust systems of support services provision by the functions in the CO.
- Conduct regular field visits and Meetings/ skype calls (preferably fortnightly) to enhance information sharing between field teams and CO teams for effectiveness of operations platform.
- Work closely with the Programme Operations Director and deputy Operations Director to ensure adequate support services (supply chain, HR, Admin and Finance) to deliver high quality programmes effectively.
- Financial & Award Management
- Act as the overall Budget Holder for all Health, Nutrition and WASH projects in Sudan CO.
- Oversee the general application and observance of financial procedures and guidelines set out in Save the Children financial manual and donors’ requirements.
- Ensure the Awards are managed as per Save the Children’s and donors’ requirement including the quality and timely submission of financial reports.
- Coordination of reports
- Check quality of reports and ensure all required information is provided by field teams in the right reporting formats.
- Support compile of multi-sectoral/ geographic reports in one report.
- Follow up on the submission of reports and ensure report are submitted on time.
Applicant must have:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health is a MUST.
- Minimum 10 years of managing health, nutrition and WASH project management experience in an INGO environment, including significant field operations experience running both emergency and development programs, international experience working with INGOs will be preferred.
- Previous experience of managing a team as well as extensive program operation management skills.
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Significant knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff.
- Excellent communication skills, excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office) – particularly Excel.
- A high level of written and spoken English.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a copy of CV and cover letter with their application, and include details of their current remuneration and salary expectations with their applications through online process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Save the Children.