Deadline: 19 January 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Team Leader, Research in Brazzaville, Congo. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Team Leader, Research will perform the following functions:
- Provide strategic leadership and manage the Research Unit in developing and implementing the research agenda and associated strategies for the region with the objective of achieving results that impact the region.
- Lead the Research Unit and coordinate the development of regional research policies, strategies, programs, and activities in collaboration with other WHO technical clusters, and partners, in an integrated manner in the context of universal health coverage, ensuring people-centered approaches across the life course to address the priority health problems of different population sub-groups.
- Coordinate the Region’s workstream on cross-cluster/cross-cutting activities and coordination of regional research activities ensuring an integrated working approach for these activities in the regional office and at the country office.
- Oversee activities to support strengthening national research governance infrastructure and standards in counties including capacity-building policies, strategies, and approaches towards the implementation of best practices on regional research activities.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Degree in a public health field, or related field.
- Ph.D or additional qualification in areas related to health research or social sciences.
- Minimum 10 year’s experience in research management, leadership, and capacity building and strengthening, including experience in the area of health policies and strategies.
- Country working experience in Africa or other low- and middle-income countries.
- Demonstrate experience in managing human and financial resources .
- Experience in management and coordination of diverse groups of stakeholders in the field of health research and working at the international level.
- Experience in research, generation of evidence for policymaking, and publication of scientific papers.
- Experience in managing projects, policy formulation, and strategic planning for health systems.
- Strong skills in the area of developing and establishing policies and strategies.
- Excellent skills and ability in managing diverse teams and financial resources
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.