Deadline: 21 July 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer (AMR) in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 12 months.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Technical Officer (AMR) will perform the following functions:
- Lead the development of a strategic and operational plan to mainstream core AMR activities within the existing UHC and PHC strategies, plans and work streams to strengthen health systems.
- Act as HQ focal point on AMR and health systems strengthening, and lead the technical coordination within AMR Division, and across other relevant UHC/PHC and health systems staff at all three levels of the organization.
- Advocate for, and provide technical support to ensure core AMR activities are embedded into UHC/PHC plans and ongoing processes.
- Develop and disseminate appropriate guidance documents, information materials, webinars on AMR and health systems strengthening approaches.
- Support field missions to pilot countries to help operationalize these documents.
- Review existing guidance documents, minimum requirements and tools, and support the development of an “ Essential Package on AMR for PHCs, including a core set of AMR sensitive indicators for PHC and community use.
- Lead the development and implementation of an operational plan to strengthen AMR activities within the health security plans and processes.
- Act as HQ focal point on AMR and health security, and lead the technical coordination between AMR Division and relevant staff from the health emergencies departments at all three levels of the organization.
- Support the development and review of country health emergency preparedness plans, ensuring the inclusion of core AMR activities and requirements.
- Provide advice and guidance to countries on how they can mainstream AMR into emergency preparedness plans and budgets.
- Participate in IHR/JEE missions, and other country missions to evaluate AMR relevant indicators.
- Capture best practices, challenges, lessons, through articles, technical briefs, policy papers.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Level University Degree in medicine or public health.
- Additional qualifications or expertise in AMR relevant topics (Infection prevention and control, antimicrobial stewardship, WASH, health emergencies preparedness and response planning, health systems strengthening, immunization).
- At least 7 year’s of experience in supporting the planning, development and implementation of public health initiatives in countries, with emphasis on strengthening key health systems.
- Experience working across different departments and programmes to deliver impact in the field.
- Proven experience in development and implementation of communication materials, tools, documents for a wide range of national and international stakeholders.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.