Deadline: 28 November 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to acceleration of access to essential quality assured medical products by supporting joint regulatory activities:
- Technical support and strategic direction for networks such as AVAREF and DCVRN.
- Contribute to the performance of the above processes by developing and organizing training and other relevant capacity building activities.
- Promote regulatory cooperation, convergence, harmonization and work-sharing through the provision of technical expertise and assistance in the development and implementation of harmonized technical requirements and guidelines.
- Operational Procedures and related documentation:
- Develop, draft, implement and review standard operation procedures (SOPs) and guidelines in liaison with other staff members in the EMP department.
- Use available tools for monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
- Contribute to the establishment of electronic platforms to facilitate the authorization of clinical trials and/or the registration of medical products in member state countries and maintain the EMP/RHT training activities portfolio to feed into the Training Strategic Plan.
- Related activities:
- Work in cooperation with the relevant professional and general service staff in both RSS and PQT.
- Participate, in cooperation with other professional staff in RHT, in other activities related to medicines quality, safety and efficacy, mainly by participating in relevant meetings and giving professional advice.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- First university degree in pharmaceutical sciences, or equivalent.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s level or above) in the area of pharmaceuticals/pharmacology or related field.
- More than 7 years of working experience in a national regulatory authority as a medical product assessor or related professional experience with in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience of regulatory processes and technical requirements on marketing authorizations and other regulatory licensing activities and actions.
- Experience in working with health products’ manufacturers and regulatory authorities in low- and middle-income countries.
- Working experience in writing project proposals and successful fundraising.
- Good knowledge of regulatory work in the area of quality in the pharmaceutical industry and/or regulatory agency.
- Good overall knowledge of regulatory data requirements, good practice requirements, quality control requirements, quality monitoring and pharmacovigilance.
- Sound knowledge of WHO requirements and applicable procedures.
- Sound knowledge of quality management systems applicable to regulatory authorities.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Switzerland.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.