Deadline: 28 November 2019
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions-
- Contribute to acceleration of access to essential quality assured medical products by supporting joint regulatory activities:
- Technical support and strategic direction for networks such as AVAREF and DCVRN.
- Contribute to the performance of the above processes by developing and organizing training and other relevant capacity building activities.
- Promote regulatory cooperation, convergence, harmonization and work-sharing through the provision of technical expertise and assistance in the development and implementation of harmonized technical requirements and guidelines.
- Operational Procedures and related documentation:
- Develop, draft, implement and review standard operation procedures (SOPs) and guidelines in liaison with other staff members in the EMP department.
- Use available tools for monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
- Contribute to the establishment of electronic platforms to facilitate the authorization of clinical trials and/or the registration of medical products in member state countries and maintain the EMP/RHT training activities portfolio to feed into the Training Strategic Plan.
- Related activities:
- Work in cooperation with the relevant professional and general service staff in both RSS and PQT.
- Participate, in cooperation with other professional staff in RHT, in other activities related to medicines quality, safety and efficacy, mainly by participating in relevant meetings and giving professional advice.
Applicants must have:
- First university degree in pharmaceutical sciences, or equivalent.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s level or above) in the area of pharmaceuticals/pharmacology or related field.
- More than 7 years of working experience in a national regulatory authority as a medical product assessor or related professional experience with in-depth knowledge and hands-on experience of regulatory processes and technical requirements on marketing authorizations and other regulatory licensing activities and actions.
- Experience in working with health products’ manufacturers and regulatory authorities in low- and middle-income countries.
- Working experience in writing project proposals and successful fundraising.
- Good knowledge of regulatory work in the area of quality in the pharmaceutical industry and/or regulatory agency.
- Good overall knowledge of regulatory data requirements, good practice requirements, quality control requirements, quality monitoring and pharmacovigilance.
- Sound knowledge of WHO requirements and applicable procedures.
- Sound knowledge of quality management systems applicable to regulatory authorities.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Nationality of Switzerland.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WHO.